The CompTIA Network+ certification exam expects you to know how to
• 1.2 Explain devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers
• 1.3 Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching
To achieve these goals, you must be able to
• Describe how models such as the OSI seven-layer model and the TCP/IP model help technicians understand and troubleshoot networks
• Explain the major functions of networks with the OSI seven-layer model
• Describe the major functions of networks with the TCP/IP model
The CompTIA Network+ certification challenges you to understand virtually every aspect of networking—not a small task. Networking professionals use one of two methods to ...