This chapter covers CompTIA Network+ objectives 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, and 2.8. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
• What are the characteristics of various network media?
• What connectors are used with network cabling?
• Where is coaxial cable used?
• What is the difference between plenum and nonplenum cabling?
• What are commonly used network topologies?
• What are the various wiring standards?
• How is cabling distributed in a network environment?
To provide effective technical support, administrators must have a solid understanding of the logical standards and physical media used on today’s networks. Logical standards define characteristics such as the configuration ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.