After completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
• How are source and destination IP addresses used to route traffic through a network?
• What are sources for routing information used to populate a router’s routing table?
• How do routed protocols differ from routing protocols?
• When multiple routing protocols know how to reach a destination network, which route is chosen?
• When a single routing protocol knows of multiple routes to reach a destination network, how is the preferred path (or paths) chosen?
• What is the distinction between IGP and EGP?
• What are the primary differences between distance-vector and link-state routing protocols?
• What are the characteristics of the ...