This chapter covers the following official Network+ objectives:
• Compare the layers of the OSI and TCP/IP models.
• Explain the function of common networking protocols.
• Summarize DNS concepts and its components.
• Explain the purpose and properties of DHCP.
• Given a scenario, use the appropriate network monitoring resources to analyze traffic.
One of the most important networking concepts to understand is the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) reference model. This conceptual model, created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1978 and revised ...