After reading this chapter and completing the exercises, you will be able to:
• Identify the characteristics of a network that keep data safe from loss or damage
• Protect an enterprise-wide network from malware
• Explain fault-tolerance techniques for storage, network design, connectivity devices, naming and addressing services, and servers
• Discuss best practices for network backup and recovery
• Describe the components of a useful disaster recovery plan and the options for disaster contingencies
On the Job
Framus Video, a motion picture postproduction house, was in dire and fairly immediate need of more storage for a major movie studio project. At the time, I worked as National Sales Manager ...