Appendix AAnswers to Written Labs
Chapter 1: Introduction to Networks
- Bus, ring, and star
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Hub or switch
- Multiprotocol Label Switching
- Wide area network
- A segment
Chapter 2: The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- The Application layer is responsible for finding the network resources broadcast from a server and adding flow control and error control (if the application developer chooses).
- The Physical layer takes frames from the Data Link layer and encodes the 1s and 0s into a digital signal for transmission on the network medium.
- The Network layer provides routing through an internetwork and logical addressing.
- The Presentation layer makes sure that data ...
Get CompTIA Network+ Study Guide, 4th Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.