There are numerous wireless authentication protocols:
- IEEE 802.1x: IEEE 802.1x is transparent to users as it uses certificates and can also be used in conjunction with a RADIUS server for enterprise networks.
- RADIUS federation: RADIUS Federation is a federation service where access to the network is gained by using WAPs.
- EAP: EAP is an authentication framework allowing point-to-point connections.
- Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP): The Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol is a version of EAP that encapsulated the EAP data and made it more secure for WLANS.
- EAP-FAST: EAP-FAST, also known as Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling, is an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) ...