- Because you have parted with money, this is a subtle form of ransomware.
- An example of crypto-malware is ransomware where the victim's hard drive is encrypted and held to ransom.
- A worm replicates itself and can use either ports 4444 or 5000.
- A Trojan inserts a .dll into either the SysWOW64 or System 32 folder.
- A remote access Trojan is a Trojan that sends the user's username and password to an external source so that they can create a remote session.
- A rootkit virus attacks the root in windows it is the /system 32 folder or in Linux it is the /usr/bin/ directory.
- A logic bomb virus is triggered off by an event; for example, the Fourth of July logic bomb would activate when the date on the computer was July 4.
Get CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.