Mandatory Access Control (MAC) is based on the classification level of the data. This looks at how much damage they could cause to the interest of the nation. These are as follows:
- Top secret: Highest level, exceptional grave damage
- Secret: Cause serious damage
- Confidential: Cause damage
- Restricted: Undesirable effects
Examples of Mandatory Access Control (MAC):
|Nuclear energy project||Top secret|
|Research and development||Secret|
|Ongoing legal issues||Confidential|
- Custodian: The custodian is the person who stores and manages classified data.
- Security administrator: The security administrator is the person who gives access to classified data once ...