- MDM sets and enforces policies to protect the network from mobile devices.
- BYOD is where you bring your personally owned device to use in the workplace.
- The acceptable use policy and onboarding/offboarding policies need to be agreed upon before you can implement BYOD.
- BYOD are personally owned devices, whereas CYOD are company-owned devices. Using CYOD allows the security administrators to remotely wipe the device if it is stolen and can make offboarding very easy as they own the device, so data ownership will never be an issue.
- Mobile devices can connect through cellular, wireless, and Bluetooth connections.
- Near field communication is used to make a contactless payment; the device must be within 4 cm of the card. ...
Get CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.