- An incident response plan is written for a particular incident and lays out how it should be tackled and the key personnel required.
- The different categories of incidents are as follows:
- Unauthorized access
- Loss of computers or data
- Loss of availability
- Malware attack
- DDoS attack
- Power failure
- Natural disasters such as floods, tornados, hurricanes, and fires
- Cyber security incidents
- The different roles required to deal with an incident are as follows:
- Incident response manager—a top level manager takes charge
- Security analyst—technical support to the incident
- IT auditor—check that the company is compliant
- Risk analyst—evaluates all aspects of risk
- HR—sometime employees are involved in the incident
- Legal— gives ...
Get CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.