Follow these steps:
- Go to the desktop; create a folder called test.
- Inside the folder, create a text document called data.
- Right-click the folder called data, then select Properties.
- On the General tab, click Advanced, then check the box against encrypt content to secure data. The data folder should turn green; that means it is encrypted with EFS.
- Go to the Start button, then type mmc and select the icon with the red suitcase.
- Console 1 should open. Select File—Add remove snap in, then select certificates, select add, click next, and then finish.
- Expand certificates—current user, expand personal. You should see an entry for an EFS certificate.
- Right-click the Certificate ...