• Describe the challenges of securing information
• Define information security and explain why it is important
• Identify the types of attackers that are common today
• List the basic steps of an attack
• Describe the five basic principles of defense
What is the deadliest security attack that you can imagine? A virus that erases all the contents of a hard disk drive? A malicious program that locks up files until the user pays a “ransom” to have them released? The theft of millions of user passwords? Although each of these attacks can be extremely harmful, the deadliest attacks could result in the actual death ...