No credit card required
• Identification versus authentication
• Authentication (single factor) and authorization
• Multifactor authentication
• Common access card
• Personal identification verification card
• Smart card
If you can correctly answer these questions before going through this section, save time by skimming the Exam Alerts in this section and then completing the Cram Quiz at the end of the section.
1. What are the four basic categories of authentication?
2. Would a biometric sensor measuring palm geometry, fingerprints, blood vessel patterns, thermal variation, and blood oxygenation be a multifactored authentication solution?
3. What distinguishes single-factor from multifactor authentication?