In this chapter, you will
• Learn about various storage technologies
• Understand why SSDs are superior to HDDs
• Plan storage capacity
• Learn about cloud storage options
• Understand network storage
• Learn how to install storage devices
• Recognize ways to maintain file systems
• Discover a variety of RAID configuration options
Today’s server storage implementations can be configured from a wide array of options based on several considerations, including whether the stored data is directly available to the server or whether it is accessible to the server over a network.
A variety of storage technologies are in use today. Larger server rooms and data centers tend to use a collection of rack-mounted storage arrays ...