• Introduce the concept of abstraction and explain its importance.
• Show the importance of layering abstractions.
• Discuss the dangers and limitations of abstraction.
• Introduce modelling as part of the problem-solving process.
• Show typical types of models available.
• Explain the difference between static and dynamic modelling.
• Show typical uses of models along with examples.
This section introduces the concept of abstraction, a key concept in CT for devising powerful solutions.
From generalisation to abstraction
The previous chapter showed the decompositional approach to problem-solving, whereby a large, complex problem is divided into smaller, simpler sub-problems. The motivation ...