12 TESTING AND EVALUATING PROGRAMS
• Introduce the different types of errors that occur when programming.
• Show how to use exceptions to catch defective behaviour.
• Show how to apply defensive programming techniques.
• Explain how to test individual parts of a solution through unit testing.
• Introduce emergent aspects of a solution and how to test them.
• Explain how to test your solution as a whole through system testing and acceptance testing.
• Show methods for locating errors in your solution using logging and debuggers.
INTRODUCTION TO PROGRAM TESTING AND EVALUATION
There are many aspects to evaluating programs. A large part of evaluation deals with whether a solution actually solves the original problem without making ...