Creating a new investigation case
The FTK allows you to manage your investigations by assigning a case for each of them. The case information is stored in a database.
To create a new case, perform the following steps:
- Click on New… and select New Case. The New Case Options dialog opens, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Fill in the fields that appear in the following manner:
- Case Name: In this field, enter the name of the case.
- Description: This field is optional and text free.
- Reference: This field is also optional and text free.
- Description File: In this field, you can attach a file to the case.
- Case Folder Directory: This holds the path where case ...