Unleash the power of computer vision with Python to carry out image processing and computer vision techniques
About This Book
- Learn how to build a full-fledged image processing application using free tools and libraries
- Perform basic to advanced image and video stream processing with OpenCV’s Python APIs
- Understand and optimize various features of OpenCV with the help of easy-to-grasp examples
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Python developers who want to perform image processing. It’s ideal for those who want to explore the field of computer vision, and design and develop computer vision applications using Python. The reader is expected to have basic knowledge of Python.
What You Will Learn
- Working with open source libraries such Pillow, Scikit-image, and OpenCV
- Writing programs such as edge detection, color processing, image feature extraction, and more
- Implementing feature detection algorithms like LBP and ORB
- Tracking objects using an external camera or a video file
- Optical Character Recognition using Machine Learning.
- Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks to learn patterns in images
- Leveraging Cloud Infrastructure to provide Computer Vision as a Service
This book is a thorough guide for developers who want to get started with building computer vision applications using Python 3. The book is divided into five sections: The Fundamentals of Image Processing, Applied Computer Vision, Making Applications Smarter,Extending your Capabilities using OpenCV, and Getting Hands on. Throughout this book, three image processing libraries Pillow, Scikit-Image, and OpenCV will be used to implement different computer vision algorithms.
The book aims to equip readers to build Computer Vision applications that are capable of working in real-world scenarios effectively. Some of the applications that we will look at in the book are Optical Character Recognition, Object Tracking and building a Computer Vision as a Service platform that works over the internet.
Style and approach
Each stage of the book elaborates on various concepts and algorithms in image processing/computer vision using Python. This step-by-step guide can be used both as a tutorial and as a reference.
Downloading the example code for this book. You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the code file.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Image Processing
- Image processing - its applications
- Image processing libraries
- Filters and Features
- Drilling Deeper into Features - Object Detection
- Segmentation - Understanding Images Better
- Integrating Machine Learning with Computer Vision
- Image Classification Using Neural Networks
Introduction to Computer Vision using OpenCV
- OpenCV APIs
Object Detection Using OpenCV
- Haar Cascades
- Scale Invariant Feature Transformation (SIFT)
- Speeded up robust features
- Video Processing Using OpenCV
- Computer Vision as a Service
- Title: Computer Vision with Python 3
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788299763