Book DescriptionMake Conflict Your Partner for Positive Change!
Clinical psychologist and transformative communication expert Dr. Nate Regier believes that the biggest energy crisis facing our world is the misuse of conflict. Most organizations are terrified of conflict, seeing it as a sign of trouble. But conflict isn't the problem, says Regier. It's all about how we use the energy.
When people misuse conflict energy, it becomes drama: they struggle against themselves or each other to feel justified about their negative behavior. The cost to companies, teams, and relationships is staggering. The alternative, says Regier, is compassionate accountability: struggling with others through conflict. Discover the Compassion Cycle, an elegant model for balancing empathy, care, and transparency with boundaries, goals, and standards. Provocative, illuminating, and highly practical, this book helps us avoid the casualties of conflict through openness, resourcefulness, and persistence.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Part 1 Conflict with Casualties: Drama Is Killing Us
- Part 2 A Framework for Positive Conflict: Compassionate Accountability can Change the World
Part 3 Conflict without Casualties user Manual: Putting Next Element’s Compassion Cycle to Work
- Chapter 6 Violators Will Be Prosecuted: Three Rules of the Compassion Cycle
- Chapter 7 Warning! Drama Approaching!: Three Leading Indicators
- Chapter 8 It’s All about Choices: Three Choices to Move
- Chapter 9 Coaching Accountability When There’s No Drama: Match and Move
- Chapter 10 The Formula for Compassionate Conflict: Confronting Drama with Compassionate Accountability
- Chapter 11 Conflict without Casualties: Preparing to Struggle With
- Appendix A: Personal Development Guide
- Appendix B: Preparing for Conflict: Building My ORPO Bank
- Glossary of Terms and Phrases
- About the Author
- Title: Conflict without Casualties, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523082629