Master versioning and manage your code with Git by controlling its workflow and using it for your projects.
About This Video
- Delve into the advanced features of Git to enhance your mastery of it.
- Explore branching, merging, rebasing, tagging, and also how to resolve conflicts and resolutions while using them in your projects.
- Get acquainted with best practices in Git along with managing, recovering, and handling your data and troubleshooting
Controlling your projects (small or large) is easier now, owing to the advanced functionalities that Git supplies. It performs fast, is easy to manage, and makes Source Control Management uncomplicated and effortless for you. It will help you implement that perfect workflow you have been looking for.
This course is designed to be a comprehensive approach to Git, which means no prior knowledge or experience is required but students will emerge at the end with a very solid understanding and hands-on experience with Git and related source control concepts. We'll then walk through all the foundational commands needed to start a new project managed by Git, right through to making commits and including common file operations such as moving and deleting files. With a strong foundation in place, we explore ways to make comparisons in Git, including all the different local states, between commits, and between local and remote repositories. After gaining a strong foundation in branching and merging, we will then cover more complex topics such as rebasing, where we cover how to resolve a rebase conflict.
Next, you'll delve into more intriguing features of Git such as rebase, stash, aliases, and patches. You will explore several examples of these commands to improve your efficiency in using Git. Finally, when you have mastered the various tools provided by Git, you'll be provided with some suggestions to help you to move forward with Git.
By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of Git and version control so you can use them in your own projects; perhaps you will be the one providing answers to others in trouble!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Git Stashing
Chapter 2 : Branching under the Hood
- Branching Basic 00:04:41
- HEAD and Other Names 00:04:14
- Branches on filesystem 00:04:19
- Git Branch Advanced Tricks – rename, track, contains 00:03:38
- Chapter 3 : Git Merging under the Hood
- Chapter 4 : Visually Managing Your Repositories
- Chapter 5 : diff and Conflicts
- Chapter 6 : Rebase
- Chapter 7 : Tagging
- Chapter 8 : Git Sub-Projects
- Chapter 9 : Git Hook
- Chapter 10 : git bisect
- Chapter 11 : Git Flow
Chapter 12 : Git Administration
- Repository Maintenance with Git Garbage Collection 00:11:03
- Git Data Recovery 00:08:08
- Git on Server 00:07:57
- Chapter 13 : Git Best Practices
- Title: Conquering Git: Advanced Training Guide
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788833042