Connect the dots and develop Java EE applications
About This Video
- An effective and comprehensive guide to Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrates how to integrate Java EE applications into the world of containers
- Shows how to orchestrate enterprise applications with Kubernetes
Some enterprise developers might wonder whether the Java EE platform is eligible for realizing modern, containerized enterprise applications that run in cloud offerings.
A lot of enterprises migrate their runtime environments to platforms that are based on Docker and Kubernetes.
Container technologies, in combination with orchestration, provide significant advantages in the way companies deploy and operate their enterprise software.
This raises the question: Are enterprise applications developed with Java EE eligible for these technologies; if so, how can this transition be accomplished?
This course will show you how it is possible to develop Java EE 8 applications that run in containers. We will see why Java EE specifically is a natural fit for containers.
This course starts with practical ways on how you can use Docker in Java EE 8 and how to troubleshoot containers. You will run Java EE in containers. This course will also teach you how to configure containerized applications. Also you will orchestrate containers using Kubernetes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to Integrate Java EE applications into Kubernetes.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Developing-Containerized-Java-EE-8-Apps-using-Docker-and-Kubernetes
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Using Docker
- Chapter 2 : Running Java EE in containers
- Chapter 3 : Configuring containerized Java applications
Chapter 4 : Orchestrating containers using Kubernetes
- Deploying Docker images as Kubernetes pods 00:07:38
- Exposing pods via services and ingresses 00:04:30
- Kubernetes deployments 00:05:14
- Deploying applications with zero-downtime 00:06:24
- Example zero-downtime deployment 00:07:59
- Configuring environments using config maps and secrets 00:05:51
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes workloads 00:06:44
- Chapter 5 : Integrating Java EE applications into Kubernetes
- Title: Containerizing Java EE 8 Apps Using Docker and Kubernetes
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788833387
You might also like
Modern Java in Action
Modern Java in Action connects new features of the Java language with their practical applications. Using …
Java 8 Fundamentals: Modern Java Development with Lambdas, Streams, and Introducing Java 9’s JShell and the Java Platform Module System (JPMS)
54+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Java™ SE 7 …
Learning Java EE 8
Build a full fledged application with the latest API's About This Video A pragmatic and effective …
This is a crash course on Kubernetes, designed for those new to Kubernetes and for those …