The guide to creating engaging web content and building a loyal following, revised and updated
Blogs, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other platforms are giving everyone a "voice," including organizations and their customers. So how do you create the stories, videos, and blog posts that cultivate fans, arouse passion for your products or services, and ignite your business? Content Rules equips you for online success as a one-stop source on the art and science of developing content that people care about. This coverage is interwoven with case studies of companies successfully spreading their ideas online—and using them to establish credibility and build a loyal customer base.
Find an authentic "voice" and craft bold content that will resonate with prospects and buyers and encourage them to share it with others
Leverage social media and social tools to get your content and ideas distributed as widely as possible
Understand why you are generating content—getting to the meat of your message in practical, commonsense language, and defining the goals of your content strategy
Write in a way that powerfully communicates your service, product, or message across various Web mediums
Boost your online presence and engage with customers and prospects like never before with Content Rules.
Table of contents
- Big Fat Overview (Sometimes Called an Introduction)
Part One: The Content Rules
- Chapter 1: The Case for Content
- Chapter 2: The Content Rules
- Chapter 3: Insight Inspires Originality
- Chapter 4: Who Are You?
- Chapter 5: Reimagine; Don’t Recycle
- Chapter 6: Share or Solve; Don’t Shill
- Chapter 7: Stoke the Campfire
- Chapter 8: Create Wings and Roots
- Chapter 9: The Care and Feeding of Fans
- Chapter 10: Attention B2B Companies: This is the Chapter You Are Looking For
Part Two: The How-to Section
- Chapter 11: A Blog as a Hub of Your Online Content
- Chapter 12: If Webinars Are Awesome Marketing Tools, Why Do Most of Them Suck?
- Chapter 13: What’s the Difference between an E-book and a White Paper?
- Chapter 14: The Single Biggest Secret to Creating a Compelling Customer Success Story
- Chapter 15: From Dumpy to Sexy
- Chapter 16: Video: Show Me a Story
- Chapter 17: Podcasting: is This Thing On?
- Chapter 18: Photographs
Part Three: Content That Converts: Success Stories (With Ideas You Can Steal!)
- Chapter 19: Reynolds Golf Academy
- Chapter 20: The Cool Beans Group
- Chapter 21: U.S. Army
- Chapter 22: AskPatty.com, Inc.
- Chapter 23: Qvidian
- Chapter 24: HubSpot
- Chapter 25: Kodak
- Chapter 26: Boeing Company
- Chapter 27: Indium Corporation
- Chapter 28: PinkStinks
- Part Four: This Isn’t Goodbye
- About the Illustrator
- Title: Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118283035
You might also like
Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Finally a go-to guide to creating and publishing the kind of content that will make your …
Handbook of Information Security: Information Warfare, Social, Legal, and International Issues and Security Foundations, Volume 2
The Handbook of Information Security is a definitive 3-volume handbook that offers coverage of both established …
Measure What Matters
In an online and social media world, measurement is the key to success If you can …
Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery, 3rd Edition
Garr Reynolds, author of the best-selling book on presentation design and delivery, is back with this …