After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Know the steps in the financial accounting process.
2. Understand the use of journals and ledgers in processing accounting transactions.
3. Recognize different types of coding systems used by AISs.
4. Understand why planning an AIS begins with the design of outputs.
5. Recognize the objectives, inputs, and outputs of the sales and purchasing processes.
6. Understand why businesses choose outsourcing and offshoring of business processes.
Business is no longer just about increasing ...