Let's do a quick recap of everything we've covered in this chapter:
- We became familiar with Terminal and used it to show hidden fi les
- We installed a text editor for us to use in development
- We learned how to confi gure Apache and how to interact with it through the command line
- We learned how to create simple PHP fi les and placed them in the correct locati on so that Apache could display them
- We learned how to install Homebrew, and then we used it to install CouchDB and Git
- We checked to make sure that CouchDB was up and running
In the next chapter, we'll get more familiar with CouchDB and explore how to use it in the creati on of our web applicati on.