We learned a lot about CouchDB in this chapter. Let's quickly review
- We defined CouchDB by looking at databases, documents, and the RESTful JSON API
- We compared CouchDB to a traditional relational database such as MySQL
- We interacted with CouchDB's RESTful JSON API, using
- We created and altered documents by using Futon
- We learned how to add security to a database and tested its effectiveness
Get ready! In the next chapter, we are going to start building the PHP framework that will be the platform on which we will develop in the rest of the book.