Chapter 4. Starting your Application
We are ready to start developing the framework behind our application!
In this chapter, we will:
- Create a simple PHP framework from scratch - Bones
- Learn how to use Git for source control
- Add functionality to Bones to handle URL requests
- Build out support for views and layouts, so that we can add a frontend to our application
- Add code to allow us to handle all of the HTTP methods
- Set up complex routing and build it into an example application
- Add the ability to use public files and use them with our framework
- Publish our code to GitHub, so that we can manage our source code
Let's jump right into it!
What we'll build in this book
For the rest of this book, we will create a simple social network that is similar to Twitter. ...