Time for action — creating a temporary view
CouchDB provides temporary views for us to use when we are developing or trying to test the result of a view. Let's create a temporary view using Futon so that we can play with some of our data.
- Open your browser, and go to Futon (
- Make sure that you are logged in to the
admin account by checking the bottom of the right column.
- Go into our
verge database by clicking on
- Click on the drop-down box, and select Temporary view....
- This form will allow us to play around with views and test them against data in real time.
- Let's edit the code in the Map Function text area, so that ...