Why waste your time chasing after prospects when you can get them to come to you? Most self-proclaimed rainmakers let business drizzle in rather than positioning themselves to experience a downpour. Courting Business gives you the strategies for getting prospects to contact you. Ann Marie Sabath’s proven three-step strategy will inspire you to be creative, consistent, and politely relentless in a way that will please even the toughest prospects.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- How Is “Accelerating” Business Relationships Different From the Way You’re Already Interacting With Prospects?
- The Laws of Attraction
- How Would You Rate Your Courtship Savvy?
- It’s Your Attitude, Not Your Aptitude, That Determines Your Altitude
- The Power of Kevin Bacon’s Six Degrees of Separation
- The Power of a Compliment
- Stroke, Don’t Provoke
- Follow the K.I.S.S. Rule
- Prospects Have to See Things Seven Times
- Court, Don’t Call
- Clients Are Prospects, Too!
- Creativity + Consistency = Courtship Success
- Keep Your Prospects “Warm”
- If You’re on Time, You’re Late!
- Write Down the Time You Have to Leave Rather Than the Time You Have to Be Somewhere
- People Tend to Be More Willing to Give You Their Time When You Ask for a Specific Amount of It
- Help Your Prospects With Your Homework: Get Your Competitors on the Table
- Court Your Prospects by Finding Common Ground With Them
- Making the Connection Through the Likeability Factor
- Be Friendly to Everyone—Even on the Subway!
- Putting the Platinum Rule Into Practice
- You Don’t Have to Be Bilingual to Speak Your Prospect’s Language
- Prospects Don’t Care How Much You Know Until They Know How Much You Care
- Kerchoo! Keep Cold Calls From Creating a Chilling Effect With Prospects
- The Secret for Getting Your Ideas Accepted
- Always Leave Them Wanting More
- If You Don’t Have Time to Do It Right the First Time, What Makes You Believe You’ll Have Time Later?
- Use a System to Navigate Your Day
- Analyze Your Business Day
- Anything You Have Done More Than Three Times in Exactly the Same Way Should Be Empowered to One of Your Team Members
- Work as Though Your Salary Depends on It
- What People Really Want Are the Basics
- Communication Is Everything!
- Keep Track of Your Communication With Prospects
- Leave a Good Paper Trail
- Design a Business Courtship Plan That Will Work With Your Prospects
- Always Ask Permission for Others’ Time
- The Early Bird Catches the Worm: Adapt Your Schedule to the Time Frame of Your Prospects and Clients
- Educate and Inform…and Watch Business Come to You
- Make Your Net Work for You
- Own Up!
- The Art of Preplanning Meetings
- The Ask, Don’t Tell Principle
- News Flash: You Act Like You Look, and You Get Results Based on How You Dress
- Court Prospects the Costco Way
- Keep Prospects Updated
- Build a Brain Trust—and Play With Prospects a Little
- He Who Speaks First About Fees Loses
- Always Confirm Receipt
- Become a Contributing Editor
- Find the Rhythm
- Interruption or Opportunity?
- You Are Only as Good as Your Own Team’s Perception of You
- Once You Earn the Business—Keep It!
- Ready, Set, Court!
- Cutting In: Winning Prospects From Competitors
- Accommodate Prospects’ Requests—Quick!
- What Do Your Eyes Say?
- Empower the Person Who Answers Your Line
- If You Cannot Return a Call by the End of the Day…
- Woo Your Prospects With Notes
- Who Should Send the Thank-You When You Spring for Lunch?
- Cream Rises
- Tuck Them In
- Stop at the But! (And Other Lessons)
- Keep Your Eyes on the Target
- Does Failing Make You Bitter or Better?
- Sink or Swim
- If You’re Down, Look Up
- Belief Makes Things Happen
- Own Your Success
- First Expect Prompt Results…Then Demand Them
- Tolerance Breeds Incompetence
- Hot Prospects, Cold Prospects
- Role Reversal: When You Are Being Courted by Vendors
- About the Author
- Title: Courting Business
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: 9781564147991
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Modern Python Cookbook
The latest in modern Python recipes for the busy modern programmer About This Book Develop succinct, …
Design Patterns (Clean Coders Video Series)
Overview Get ready for something very different. This ain't no screen cast. This ain't no talkin' …
Microservices Patterns teaches you how to develop and deploy production-quality microservices-based applications. This invaluable set of …