A schedule is a tool that can provide valuable information during the life of a project. The effectiveness of this tool is no better than the information assembled and used to create and maintain it during the life of the project.
A schedule has many uses during the life of a project, including and not limited to, the following. It provides a:
- List of work and deliverables defined by a project;
- Timeline of when work will be performed and when deliverables will be available;
- Visual representation of the sequence of work;
- Visual representation of the time required to perform work;
- Means for adjusting the project for the unexpected;
- Means for forecasting the possible outcome of events; and
- Means for measuring progress. ...