How acting a little crazy and thinking outside of the box can get you the job you want
Ever hear of a job candidate stretching out on the interviewer's floor to fill out an application? Or an applicant who sees nothing wrong with texting during the interview? Securing a job interview is a golden opportunity. The crazy-bad behavior described above will not net a job offer. Crazy Good Interviewing shows readers that crazy-good behavior, however, can make an applicant stand out favorably in a sea of mediocrity. Take the candidate who created a keynote presentation on his iPad to show what he could bring to the job or the one who created a DVD highlighting her abilities.
Crazy Good Interviewing is a book geared toward those who are looking for work in this tough economy.
Addresses how slightly eccentric behaviors can tip the scales in the applicant's favor
Delves into how to access your three key strengths, how to use body language effectively, how to prepare a five-sentence history that builds a bridge to the interviewer, and more
Turn just plain crazy into crazy-good, and land the job at your next interview.
Table of contents
- Praise Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Job Hunting in a Crazy Economy
- Chapter 2: Go Crazy—In a Good Way
- Chapter 3: First Impressions Are Lasting Impressions
Part I: ACT Out: Assess
- Chapter 4: Everything from Soup to Nuts
Chapter 5: Wild, Wacky, and Wonderful You
- Biology 101
- Personality 101
- Introversion versus Extraversion: Are You In or Out?
- Interpersonal Skills: Can You Relate?
- Your Assignment
- Enthusiasm and Motivation: Rah-Rah, Sis-Boom-Bah!
- Problem Solving: What's Your Problem?
- Creativity: Thinking Outside the Box
- Life Experiences 101
- Hobbies and Interests: What Do You Do in Your Spare Time?
- Netting a Job Offer
- Chapter 6: Selling “Crazy”: Your Unique Value Proposition
- Chapter 7: Your Worldview on Work
Part II: ACT Out: Communicate
- Chapter 8: Bridge the Generational Gap with Crazy Good Behavior
Chapter 9: Types of Interviews
- Phone Interviews: Can You Hear Me Now?
- Before the Interview: Ready and Waiting
- During the Interview
- Skype: Smile for the Camera!
- One-on-One Interview: Up Close and Personal
- It's Showtime!
- Play Nice
- All Ears
- Panel Interview: All Eyes on You
- Make One-on-One Connections
- Turning “You're Fired!” into “You're Hired!”
- Group Interview: When You're One Among Many
- Chapter 10: Head Games
- Chapter 11: Looking Good… Crazy Good
- Chapter 12: Use Body Language to Make a Crazy Good Impression
- Chapter 13: Voiceovers: Your Voice Speaks Volumes
Part III: ACT Out: Communicate
- Chapter 14: After the Interview: Thank 'em Like Crazy
- Chapter 15: Post-Interview Self-Evaluation: How Did You Do?
- Chapter 16: Putting It All Together in a Crazy Good Way
Appendix: 150 Frequently Asked Questions
- Opening Remarks and Comments
- Old-Time Favorite Questions
- Motivation Questions
- Teamwork Questions
- Leadership Questions
- Communication/Self-Management Questions
- Self-Awareness Questions
- Skill-Based Questions
- Offbeat Questions
- Closing Comments and Questions
- Illegal Questions
- Questions to Ask Interviewers
- Title: Crazy Good Interviewing: How Acting A Little Crazy Can Get You The Job
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118331842
You might also like
Ace the Programming Interview: 160 Questions and Answers for Success
Be prepared to answer the most relevant interview questions and land the job Programmers are in …
Writing Business Bids and Proposals For Dummies
Develop a winning business proposal Plan and use a repeatable proposal process Use tools and templates …
Programming Interviews For Dummies
Get ready for interview success Programming jobs are on the rise, and the field is predicted …
Power Verbs for Job Seekers: Hundreds of Verbs and Phrases to Bring Your Résumés, Cover Letters, and Job Interviews to Life
Electrify all your job search communications and build the great career you want! The right verbs …