In less than two hours with step-by-step instruction, create your first AR experience using a Vuforia image target
About This Video
- No prior knowledge of Vuforia or Unity 3D needed
- Have the confidence to expand on the base knowledge taught in the course
- Know how to import additional models, music, animations, and so on
- Configure Unity 2018 and Vuforia 7 to generate augmented reality experiences using an image target
- Export the mini prototype app to an Android or IOS device for testing
In this course, you’ll learn how to create a great augmented reality (AR) app in less than two hours. You’ll go from complete beginner to feeling comfortable creating AR experiences. The course begins by introducing you to both the Unity website and Vuforia's augmented reality software development kit. After installation, we’ll guide you through the basic configuration and import the assets provided to complete your first AR experience. You’ll learn how to import and animate 3D characters, add music and build the app out to an Android or IOS device to see the AR magic come together.
- Two character models
- Dancing animations
- An audio track
- The image target file and the unity package
- A couple of bonus wallpapers that the author created
This is a crash course introduction on how Vuforia works and how to use their image target asset to create your first app. As this is a bitesize course, it doesn't cover all aspects in Vuforia's array of assets but it does give you a solid foundation that you can build on to create mini augmented reality experiences for marketing prototypes or 3D model spawning. It also covers the basic use of extended tracking.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Create-an-Image-Target-Based-Augmented-Reality-Experience-Using-Unity-3D-and-Vuforia-7
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Exporting to a Device
- Title: Create an Image Target Based Augmented Reality Experience Using Unity 3D and Vuforia 7
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789955149