Create Your Own Blog
6 Easy Projects to Start Blogging Like a
6 Easy Projects to Start Blogging Like a Pro
Personal Blogging Using WordPress.com • Build a Website Around Your Blog
• Business Blogging Using WordPress.org Software • Multimedia Blogging
• Portfolio Blogging for Artists • Blogging with Tumblr
Build a great personal or business blog… absolutely no experience needed!
Want a personal or business blog of your own? It’s easy! In this simple guide, one of the world’s most experienced bloggers walks you through every step of building your own WordPress blog, from getting started to building a worldwide
audience. Tris Hussey covers it all, from low-cost blogging tools to high-powered writing tips! Get this book, and get started fast—with a professional-quality blog that meets your goals, whatever they are!
6 Easy Projects
Build great blogs like these, the easy way!
¶ Personal Blogs
¶ Business Blogs
¶ Audio and Video Podcasting Blogs
¶ Portfolio Blogs for Artists
¶ Blogging with Tumblr
¶ Creating a Website with WordPress
Learn from a pro! Discover tips, tricks, and great solutions for:
¶ Setting up your blog the right way—in just minutes!
¶ Writing blog entries people want to read
¶ Handling comments—even nasty ones!
¶ Creating a conversation and building a community
¶ Publicizing your blog
¶ Choosing the right free or low-cost blogging tools
¶ Avoiding beginner mistakes
¶ Earning cash from your blog!
You won’t believe how easy it is to create your own blog… or how much fun!
Tris Hussey is a speaker, teacher, charter member of the Professional Bloggers Association, and social media consultant. He has been a blogger since 2004 and was one of Canada's first professional bloggers. The author of thousands of posts and articles on social media, blogging, and technology, he was named one of Vancouver's top 20 social media people. He is also a professional photographer and regularly teaches blogging, WordPress, and social media at several Vancouver-area universities.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Beginning the Story: Blogging Then and Now
- Chapter 2. Installing and Setting Up Your First Blog
- Chapter 3. Creating Content for Your Blog
- Chapter 4. Building a Community Around Your Blog
- Chapter 5. Creating a Personal Blog with WordPress.com
- Chapter 6. Creating a Business Blog
- Chapter 7. Creating a Website
- Chapter 8. Creating a Visual Artist’s Portfolio Blog
- Chapter 9. Blogging with Tumblr
- Chapter 10. Creating a Multimedia Blog
- Chapter 11. Making Money Through Your Blog
- Title: Create Your Own Blog: 6 Easy Projects to Start Blogging Like a Pro, Second Edition
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780132967426
You might also like
Creative writing may be the ultimate form of self-expression. Whether the reader is a creative writing …
Technical Blogging, 2nd Edition
Successful technical blogging is not easy but it's also not magic. Use these techniques to attract …
Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Finally a go-to guide to creating and publishing the kind of content that will make your …
ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income, Third Edition
An update of one of the bestselling blogging books, written by two of the world's most …