Journey to database mastery as you learn how to create a simple database and manipulate its data. In this video, SQL expert Allen Taylor explains how to build a simple database with SQLite, an open source database engine. Part 1 introduces SQLite and explores its basic features. In Part 2 you'll create your first table and start entering some data. Part 3 explains basic queries and how to use the SELECT statement and the FROM and WHERE clauses.
After watching Creating a Database with SQLite, you will understand how to build a basic database and how to query and retrieve information from it.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the SQLite user interface features and characteristics
- Use SQLite to add or remove data in your database
- Work with multiple tables in a database
- Find the information you need in your database
Who This Video Is For
Programmers who are new to databases, as well as non-programmers who must retrieve information from databases.
Table of Contents
- Installing and Touring an Open Source DBMS 00:04:51
- Installing an Open Source DBMS (SQLite)
- Building and Maintaining a Simple Database
- Retrieving the Information You Want from a Database
- Title: Creating a Database with SQLite
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484238998