Book descriptionNow in its third edition, this project management classic has been updated with an array of field-tested tools to help upper management ensure the success of projects within organizations.
For over twenty years, Creating an Environment for Successful Projects has been a staple for upper managers who want to help projects succeed. This new edition includes case studies from companies that have successfully applied the approach, along with practical tools such as templates, surveys, and benchmark reports for savvy leaders who want to ensure project success throughout their organizations. The insights in this book will help management speed projects along instead of getting in their way. All too often, well-intentioned managers put roadblocks in the team's way instead of empowering them with the tools they need to succeed. This approach to project environments, grounded in decades of research and practice, will help you make your organization the most project-friendly it's ever been.
Organizational changes rarely work unless upper management is heavily involved. Although project managers are most closely responsible for the success of projects, upper managers are the ones who ultimately create an environment that supports those projects. The way upper managers define, structure, and act toward projects has an important effect on the success or failure of those projects and, consequently, the success or failure of the organization. This book helps all managers understand the need for project management changes and shows how to develop project management as an organizational practice.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Foreword to the Third Edition by Alfonso Bucero
- 1 Leading Change to a Project-Based Organization
- 2 Linking Projects to Strategy
- 3 Understanding Upper Management Influence
- 4 Implementing a Core Team Process
- 5 Organizing for Project Management
- 6 Designing a Project Management Information System
- 7 Selecting and Developing Project Managers
- 8 Cultivating a Learning Organization
- 9 Developing a Project Management Initiative
- 10 Creating an Environment for Successful Projects in Your Organization
- Epilogue: Leadership in Evolving Project-Based Organizations
- The Authors
- Title: Creating an Environment for Successful Projects, 3rd Edition, 3rd Edition
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523085507
You might also like
In a tough or toxic work environment, are you brave enough to challenge your own thinking …
Inclusive Design for a Digital World: Designing with Accessibility in Mind
What is inclusive design? It is simple. It means that your product has been created with …
The Time Cleanse: A Proven System to Eliminate Wasted Time, Realize Your Full Potential, and Reinvest in What Matters Most
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Radar Trends to Watch: September 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.