In this Creating Custom Web Maps training course, expert author Matt Sidor will teach you how to create custom web maps using Leaflet, Mapbox, or OpenStreetMap. This course is designed for users that already have experience with building web applications.
You will start with an introduction to Leaflet and learning how to set up your first map. From there, Matt will teach you about custom basemaps in Mapbox Studio. This video tutorial also covers OpenStreetMap, including how to edit in OpenStreetMap, extract OpenStreetMap data, and filter and export data in QGIS. Finally, you will learn how to import GeoJSON data in Leaflet.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned how to create your own custom web maps using Leaflet, Mapbox, or OpenStreetMap. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Features And Events
- Customizing The Base Map
Adding Geospatial Data
- Introduction To OpenStreetMap 00:02:19
- Editing OpenStreetMap 00:06:11
- Extracting OpenStreetMap Data 00:03:19
- Introduction To QGIS 00:03:25
- Filtering And Exporting Data In QGIS 00:05:53
- Overview Of GeoJSON Format 00:06:02
- Importing Data In Leaflet - Part 1 00:07:05
- Importing Data In Leaflet - Part 2 00:06:28
- Wrap Up 00:01:17
- Title: Creating Custom Web Maps
- Release date: November 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771374217