Appendix A. A Sample LAMP Stack
Now that we have a good knowledge of Vagrant, how to use it to manage projects, and how to use the Puppet provisioning tool, let's look at how to use these tools to build a LAMP (Linux
) development environment with Vagrant.
In this chapter you will learn:
- How to update our package manager
- How to create a LAMP-based development environment in Vagrant, including:
- How to install Apache
- How to have Apache reload when we install PHP
- How to install and enable Apache's rewrite module
- How to customize the Apache configuration file
- How to install PHP
- How to install MySQL
- How to install e-mail sending services
Creating the Vagrant project
First, we want to create a new project, so let's create a new folder ...