Chapter 2. A Mom-and-Pop Mobile Website
The previous chapter taught us some valuable lessons about paper prototyping and gave us a solid ground on which to start our development. Now, we will take those drawings and turn them into an actual jQuery Mobile (jQM) site that acts responsively and looks unique.
In this chapter, we cover:
- A new jQuery Mobile boilerplate
- A new way of thinking about full-site links
- Breaking the boilerplate into a configurable server-side PHP template
- Using alternate icon sets
- Custom fonts
- Page curl effects using only CSS
- Performance optimization tips
- Mobile detection and redirection techniques
A new jQuery Mobile boilerplate
The jQuery Mobile docs have a lot of hidden gems. They make a great starting point but there are actually ...