The Cure for Micromanagement
o cure micromanagement, organizations must actively teach that each level in the Management Matrix requires:
• a different level of thinking/a change in how people think.
• a different set of core competencies/ responsibilities/duties.
• an ability to assess and adjust based on feedback.
Furthermore, each position in the company requires:
• a clearly defined list of competencies/ responsibilities/duties.
• an ongoing training and mentoring schedule.
Managers and team leaders must commit to understanding and applying themselves to the core responsibilities for the management role. As a reminder, here is the management level of the Management Matrix:
The above requirements are the primary prescription. Obviously ...