Book descriptionLessons in innovation from key FinTech trends and successes
Creating Strategic Value through Financial Technology explores the growing Financial Technology (FinTech) industry to provide insight on how traditional financial institutions and FinTech companies can boost innovation and enhance valuation in a complex regulatory environment. In plumbing the depth and breadth of several niches within in the FinTech sector, author Jay Wilson uncovers key themes that have contributed to the industry's success; in this book, he maps them together to provide useful guideposts for investors, entrepreneurs, and traditional institutions looking to facilitate growth as technology and financial services collide. With an expert's perspective on FinTech history and outlook, certain trends and examples of value-enhancing strategies stand out. FinTech niches covered include: payments, crowdfunding, alternative/marketplace lending, the blockchain, and technology solutions in the context of banking, insurance, and investment companies.
There is no denying the growing importance of technology in the financial services industry, and the FinTech sector offers valuable solutions for a diverse array of financial services providers and their customers. This book guides you through several niches of the FinTech sector, and highlights the most important takeaways from recent endeavors.
- Navigate the financial technology sector
- Enhance customer and product offerings
- Improve efficiency and cost structure
- Enhance profitability and company valuation from the intersection of technology and finance
Innovation and customer preference is a key driver of FinTech's growth. Customers are demanding better value and convenience, and the organizations that provide it are reaping the rewards of growth. As financial regulations grow more and more complex, and customers are presented with more and more options, it is becoming imperative for traditional institutions to modernize processes and carve out a place in the future of financial services. Creating Strategic Value through Financial Technology provides a handbook for navigating that space, with practical guidance on how FinTech companies and traditional financial institutions can enhance profitability and valuation from the trends.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: What Is Financial Technology?
- Chapter 2: Community Banks and FinTech
- Chapter 3: The Historical Context for FinTech
- Chapter 4: State of Community Banks Embracing FinTech Today
- Chapter 5: The Alternative Lending Niche
- Chapter 6: The Payments Niche
- Chapter 7: The Wealth Management Niche
- Chapter 8: InsurTech and the Future of Insurance
- Chapter 9: Partnering with a FinTech Company
- Chapter 10: Early Stage FinTech Valuation Issues
- Chapter 11: Acquiring a FinTech Company
- Chapter 12: Liquidity Options Beyond a Sale
- Chapter 13: Is There a Bubble Forming in FinTech?
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Creating Strategic Value through Financial Technology
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119243755
You might also like
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …
Python for Data Analysis, 3rd Edition
Get the definitive handbook for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python …
Data Science, Banking, and Fintech
The financial industry today is under siege, but not from economic pressures in Europe and China. …