The 10 commandments of QlikView design
Before releasing an app, double-check that you've followed the 10 commandments of QlikView design (they don't start with thou shalt, but they are important nonetheless):
- Your audience and their needs are always the primary focus.
- Let the data displayed in your dashboard tell a story.
- Use the right visualizations to display the right KPIs.
- Always give context to the data to improve the decision-making process.
- Dashboard design is about enhancing the user experience and fostering discoveries, not only about aesthetics.
- If you don't really need it, don't use it. Be simple, clear, and precise.
- Maximize the data-ink ratio; avoid chartjunk.
- Do not overload the dashboard; use the white space wisely.
- Strive for simple and ...