To be a leader today, you need to master the new essentials—data-informed decision-making, design-first thinking, and rapid, iterative development—and to create a productive work environment for all (aka “people skills”). You need to build a company culture that’s fast, flat, and flexible. You need Cultivate.Whether you’re a product manager, dev team leader, software engineer, designer, data scientist, or marketer—if you’re a manager, or aspire to be one, Cultivate is for you. In two high-energy days, you’ll learn how to level up as a manager. We’re building a program to prepare and equip the next generation of business leaders to create environments where all people, including those from underrepresented groups, can contribute freely.
Table of Contents
- Opening remarks - Mike Loukides and Bjorn Freeman-Benson 00:10:07
- Corporations and Culture: What is this conversation about, anyway? - Mary Yoko Brannen 1:01:53
- Debugging Teams - Ben Collins-Sussman and Brian Fitzpatrick 1:16:30
- Leadership. By the numbers - Michael Lopp 00:43:39
- Building an engineering culture: Every business can be a technology business - Liza Daly 00:51:48
- 10 to 5,000: What to expect when scaling a company - Molly Graham 00:57:52
- Your leadership future: Why it's all different now - Eric McNulty 00:57:39
- Design, culture, and transformation: Our journey so far - Phil Gilbert 00:59:13
- The culture of high-performance organizations - Jez Humble 00:58:10
- Blind spots, risks, and will: Tools for navigating difference - Karla Monterroso 00:45:23
- Title: Cultivate Conference 2015
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491937204