Planning a move to the cloud? Whether this is your first time through the process or you've tried before without success, this practical book will help you complete an optimal cloud transition. Cloud, IT, and enterprise architects, SREs, and platform operations teams will learn how to maximize ROI and keep your company's data secure.
Author Brad Werner takes you through AWS- and Azure-focused architectural design principles that will empower your organization to harness the cloud's speed and agility to drive better business outcomes. With these design principles, you'll enable your company to integrate with legacy systems, address compliance and security concerns at scale, and retain the flexibility to evolve in the future.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify and minimize key drivers of technical debt within your architecture
- Create a viable edge to enhance application security in one or more cloud environments at scale
- Dramatically improve operational efficiency with reusable services and design patterns
- Design architecture around packet flow to reduce wasted effort and improve your security posture
- Reduce compliance costs with consistent, automated policy controls that speed up attestation and reduce wasted effort
Table of contents
1. Moving to Cloud: What Enterprises Want Versus What They Get
- Expectations: What do enterprises want from the cloud?
Reality: What are enterprises really getting from the cloud?
- You do save money, but maybe not as much as you expect
- Your security can be better, but it’s definitely more complicated
- You can experience increased latency
- Your old hardware won’t disappear overnight
- Legacy apps and processes can hold you back
- Inelastic metrics and budgets can stifle agility
- Your overall ROI is lower than expected
- Solutions: How can you bridge the gap?
- Title: Cultivating Cloud Outcomes
- Release date: August 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492078722
You might also like
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …