1. Our definition of globalization is drawn from our colleague Barbara Parker’s work on this topic, 1998.
2. For insight as to what the dominant culture in the future might be, see Zakaria, 2008.
3. See Ritzer, 2008.
4. For more on this topic, see Smith & Bond, 1999.
5. For example, see the following: Hofstede, 1980; Schwartz, 1992; Trompenaars, 1993; and Triandis, 1972.
6. While this concept has gone by various names over the years, including intercultural competence, global mindset, and global competencies, the definition of the idea as a special type of intelligence can be attributed to Chris Earley in his 2002 article and in his 2003 book with Soon Ang.
7. Recently several approaches to measuring cultural intelligence have ...