Inside the Task
The main steps for building this task include:
- Create a new Visual Studio project (a Class Library project, as described in Chapter 7, “Your First Custom Task Using C#”).
- Add references to the Facebook C# SDK assemblies.
- Create a Windows Form that enables you to connect to Facebook and gather data.
- Create a Facebook application that transforms the data for use by SAS, creates a simple report, and adds the data sets to SAS Enterprise Guide for further use.
- Create a .NET class that ties it all together, putting the JSON data and SAS programming logic into one SAS program that can run in SAS Enterprise Guide.
This task example includes a bonus: it can be used as a stand-alone application that can be run outside of SAS Enterprise ...