Analyzing Data from Facebook
Your Facebook application can connect to Facebook and gather the following details from your Facebook profile:
- A list of your Facebook friends.
- For each friend, a few details, such as birthday, education history, and gender.
- A list of recent status messages.
These details are arranged in a SAS program that, when run, yields several data sets that are ready for analysis. The data sets (tables) include:
- WORK.FRIENDS, which contains the friend's full name and an internal ID that Facebook uses. This internal ID is a useful key to join this table with other tables.
- WORK.FRIENDDETAILS, which contains more details about each friend, including first and last name, gender, birthday, URL for the Facebook profile page, and ...