This comprehensive budgeting book emphasizes that the customer drives the business organization and processes and becomes the overriding purpose for a company’s existence and success. Inside, you’ll find a lot of details that sum up a complete guide that covers every step in the budgeting cycle from the basics of organization, processes, and funding to budget execution and monitoring. The author believes that the budget is the starting point and catalyst for gaining customers and that the budget prepares the company to supply the sales and marketing team reinforcements for giving a compelling reason for customers to buy from it. This book can be used immediately in business budgeting that presents you with a modular format—starting at the beginning of the budget process and working through it entirely; or select a budget area most challenging to the business and work from there to other areas of priority.
Table of Contents
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Read First!
- STAGE I Budget Pre-planning
- STAGE II Th e Pro Forma Financial Statements
- STAGE III Budgets Setting on a Shelf Gather Dust
- Appendix A Suggested Budget Process Task List
- Appendix B Customer Management Best Practices
- Appendix C Major Vendor Management Best Practices and Policies
- Title: Customer-Driven Budgeting
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606494295