Troubleshooting and Maintaining IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Networks
The following CWTS exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 5.2 Recognize common problems associated with wireless networks and their symptoms, and identify steps to isolate and troubleshoot the problem. Given a problem situation, interpret the symptoms and the most likely cause.
- Throughput problems
- Connectivity problems
- RF coverage or capacity problems
- Interference from Wi-Fi or non-Wi-Fi sources
- Application performance problems
- RF performance problems, such as multipath and hidden nodes
- 5.3 Identify procedures to optimize wireless networks
- Infrastructure hardware selection and placement
- Identifying, locating, and removing sources of interference.
- Client-load-balancing ...