Learn how to harden every host in the network and how to find a spy in your network
About This Video
- Easy-to-learn and completely workable methods you can use for yourself right after completing the course.
- Tremendous insights to help you solve you cybersecurity issues
- Teaches you how to turn your digital assets into a real digital fortress!
Cyber threats and attacks are becoming more common, sophisticated, and damaging. The Alliance is faced with an evolving complex threat environment. State and non-state actors can use cyber attacks in the context of military operations
In the first part of the course, you'll learn about different kinds of cyberattack and how they can be executed. In the second part, you'll prevent or mitigate these attacks and protect your digital assets.
First of all you'll find out how to harden your network in all directions. We'll talk about firewalls and how to fine-tune them correctly. You'll manage IDS and IPS and understand what they can tell us. You'll also learn how to track hackers in the cyberspace, harden every host in the network, and find network spies.
Next, we cover how to harden your websites and web applications: what steps you should take to avoid SQL injection, XSS scripts, session hijacking, and more.
We'll show you how to protect yourself and your employees against hackers and their psychological manipulations, and phishing and spear-phishing.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Securing Your Network
- The Course Overview 00:06:08
- Understanding Firewalls and Tuning Them Up 00:07:20
- How to Work with IDS/IPS 00:06:01
- Securing Your Wi-Fi Network 00:06:36
- Ferreting out a Hacker by IP 00:06:07
- Analyzing Traffic Wireshark to catch a spy 00:06:16
- The Fastest Way to Detect ARP Poisoning Attack 00:05:26
- Spying a spy: how to monitor a hostile activity 00:09:15
- Unmask enemy agents: three ways to detect malware 00:12:12
- How to Outfox Ransomware 00:08:31
- Advanced-level Techniques: What to Do If Hackers Already in Your Network 00:05:59
Chapter 2 : Securing Your Website
- Brute-Forcing Website Passwords with OWASP ZAP 00:10:47
- How to Create a Bulletproof Password in a Second 00:06:27
- Testing a Website for SQL Injection with Burp Suite 00:07:38
- Testing a Website for XSS Vulnerability 00:08:04
- Building Fortifications EInput Validation and Whitelisting 00:06:09
- Testing Your SSL/TLS Connection 00:05:30
- Scanning Your Website for Malicious Scripts 00:04:06
- Protecting from a Session Hijacking Attack 00:06:55
- The Big Strategy EThree Shortcuts to Secure a Web Application 00:06:04
Chapter 3 : Defending from Social Engineering Attacks
- The Rule of Thumb to Fight Back Social Engineering Attacks 00:05:10
- Discovering a Phishing Link 00:06:12
- Unmasking a Phishing Email 00:04:11
- Anti-Whaling: How to Prevent Yourself from Spear-phishing 00:06:23
- How to Prevent Password Stealers 00:03:39
- How to Protect Your Banking Secrets 00:05:19
- Securing Your Email with ProtonMail 00:06:52
- How to Outfox Keyloggers 00:05:19
- The Final Game: Building the Anti-Social-Engineering Strategy 00:05:20
- Title: Cybersecurity: Methods of Protection (Blue Team Activity)
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788624022