No data is completely safe.
Cyberattacks on companies and individuals are on the rise and growing not only in number but also in ferocity. And while you may think your company has taken all the precautionary steps to prevent an attack, no individual, company, or country is safe. Cybersecurity can no longer be left exclusively to IT specialists. Improving and increasing data security practices and identifying suspicious activity is everyone's responsibility, from the boardroom to the break room.
Cybersecurity: The Insights You Need from Harvard Business Review brings you today's most essential thinking on cybersecurity, from outlining the challenges to exploring the solutions, and provides you with the critical information you need to prepare your company for the inevitable hack. The lessons in this book will help you get everyone in your organization on the same page when it comes to protecting your most valuable assets.
Business is changing. Will you adapt or be left behind?
Get up to speed and deepen your understanding of the topics that are shaping your company's future with the Insights You Need from Harvard Business Review series. Featuring HBR's smartest thinking on fast-moving issues--blockchain, cybersecurity, AI, and more--each book provides the foundational introduction and practical case studies your organization needs to compete today and collects the best research, interviews, and analysis to get it ready for tomorrow. You can't afford to ignore how these issues will transform the landscape of business and society. The Insights You Need series will help you grasp these critical ideas--and prepare you and your company for the future.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Introduction: We’re All in This Now
- 1. Internet Insecurity
- 2. Security Trends by the Numbers
- 3. Why Boards Aren’t Dealing with Cyberthreats
- 4. The Behavioral Economics of Why Executives Underinvest in Cybersecurity
- 5. Why the Entire C-Suite Needs to Use the Same Metrics for Cyber Risk
- 6. The Best Cybersecurity Investment You Can Make Is Better Training
- 7. Better Cybersecurity Starts with Fixing Your Employees’ Bad Habits
- 8. The Key to Better Cybersecurity: Keep Employee Rules Simple
- 9. The Avoidable Mistakes Executives Continue to Make After a Data Breach
- 10. Active Defense and “Hacking Back”: A Primer
- 11. Cybersecurity Is Putting Customer Trust at the Center of Competition
- 12. Privacy and Cybersecurity Are Converging. Here’s Why That Matters for People and for Companies
- 13. What Countries and Companies Can Do When Trade and Cybersecurity Overlap
- 14. AI Is the Future of Cybersecurity, for Better and for Worse
- About the Contributors
- Title: Cybersecurity
- Release date: August 2019
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633697881
You might also like
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Hands-On Cybersecurity for Finance
A comprehensive guide that will give you hands-on experience to study and overcome financial cyber threats …
Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies, Third Edition
All the Knowledge You Need to Build Cybersecurity Programs and Policies That Work Clearly presents best …